Is T-Mobile Slowing Down your YouTube Streaming?



YouTube is reportedly claiming that T-Mobile is throttling their service, even for Unlimited customers, even though the video streaming service is not part of their BingeOn program.  It appears that all streaming services are being affected by this situation.

In fact, I was noticing that I, myself, cannot watch 2k videos, even when my speed could clearly support even 4K streaming at full speed.  My speed, the other night, was 100Mbps... and still, I could not watch anything above 480p.  That is definitely fishy.

T-Mobile stated that customers have the option of turning off BingeOn which should fix the streaming quality, buffering issue.  I can say, that, at least in my case, it did not work.  YouTube may be right about their claim.  Regardless, as an UNLIMITED customer, I feel cheated by what appears to be accross-the-board throttling (or "deprioritization").  Whetever the case, I love Magenta, but they have to fix this issue, sooner rather than later.  Or else, I see a very expensive battle with Alphabet (YouTube's parent company).  I am amazed that UNLIMITED customers have not come forward to claim that they are being sold an unlimited plan and now, even during your first byte of information, you may be throttled, if you are attempting to watch a YouTube video.












#technews #T-Mobile #Magenta #throttling #news #mobilenews #wirelessnews

Comments

Popular Posts