Nokia's CEO, Elop explains why Nokia's poor sales

Being a CEO encompasses taking responsibility for a company's success, but also involves taking accountability for its mistakes.  To this effect, Nokia's CEO, Stephen Elop, exemplified what true leadership looks like while delivering an answer to the press.  The answer could not have been more concise.  Elop proceeds to take that question and turn it into an opportunity to develop a case for the company's vision for the future.

But if you ask me, the following is the reason why Elop did not choose Android, and it's quite simple:

From January 2008 to September 2010, Elop worked for Microsoft as the head of the Business Division, responsible for the Microsoft Office line of products, and as a member of the company's senior leadership team. It was during this time that Microsoft's Business Division released Office 2010.[15] Eventually, at the time of his retirement, Elop was Microsoft's eighth largest shareholder.[16]  (SOURCE: Wikipedia)

For the sake of having more choice and ultra high-end devices added to the plethora of tech offerings for us, I applaud Nokia's stance, at least from what I can gather from his answer.  What are your thoughts in this regard? Do you believe Nokia can be the driving force of the Window's Phone OS, bringing it to the mainstream?  Do you feel the contract with Microsoft is the only thing that makes Nokia "stick to its guns" and not offer any Android variants of their devices?

(video courtesy of The Handheld Blog)

Let me know by commenting below or sending a YouTube message to me.  I will be picking  a few video responses to feature on this blog.  I recommend you record them using Keek.  Then send it to my Twitter account: @maestroalvarez

Follow me on Twitter at maestroalvarez
Follow me on Google Plus: Danny Alvarez or CellPhonius
Or email your video response via gmail to cellphonius@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts